Know When an HR Assessment Is Needed
Are your business’s human resources starting to fall behind? Have you not reviewed HR policies and procedures in quite some time? Are you running a new startup? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may need an HR assessment to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as reduce the risk of potential liabilities.
When Should an HR Assessment Be Performed?
Fundamentally, an HR assessment is an investigation of a company’s current practices, policies and procedures. In order to comply with labor laws and reduce risk to your business, a review of your HR function should be performed periodically to uncover any potential problems as part of a larger risk management strategy. If you notice any of the following signs, your company may be in need of an HR assessment:
- You feel that your business is not in compliance with current legislation
- Turnover rates are at an all-time high
- You haven’t updated your employee handbook in over a year
- A new employee has taken over HR administration
- Your business is having trouble attracting or retaining qualified employees
- HR responsibilities are delegated to existing personnel
- Your company has experienced growth, such as opening a new office or conducting business in another state
Request an HR Assessment from Wiss
When it comes to a review of your HR function, trust the human resources advisors at Wiss & Company, LLP. Serving New York City and North and Central New Jersey, Wiss offers full-scale HR assessments that assess employee notice requirements, employee handbooks, recordkeeping/documentation and compliance with employment laws. Contact our experienced team by phone at 973-994-9400 or via online form to discuss your HR advisory needs.