Spring 2013 Internship Program
Location: New York City, NY
Insight, expertise, and enduring relationships – these are the qualities Wiss & Company, LLP brings to the field of accounting. We pride ourselves on a deeper understanding of each and every client, applying our integrity-based approach to deliver sound business advice and timely solutions. WISS has the energy to embrace new ideas and new challenges. Founded in 1969, WISS has consistently been ranked among the top 10 accounting firms in New Jersey. Our core philosophy is to combine the personal attention of a small firm with the broad scope of resources and experience that a large firm has to offer.
Junior year is an invaluable time for an internship at an accounting firm such as ours because students can get real-world, hands-on experience and truly understand the responsibilities and rewards of being a Public Accountant. Interns will be exposed to various tasks as they relate to the support of departments including, but not limited to Audit, Tax, and Litigation Support.
- Must be a Junior majoring in Accounting.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Candidates must have a general understanding of Excel and Word.
- QuickBooks knowledge a plus.
- Candidates must be detail oriented and interested in pursuing a career in public accounting. We are looking for highly motivated, team players who possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition to exhibiting effective problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Internships will be available at our Livingston, Iselin, and New York City offices.
- Hours flexible with school schedule; Full day (9:00-5:30) availability preferred.
- 15-25 Hours/week during school year.
- Compensated at $15/Hour.
- Interns will collate, proofread financial statements, organize workpaper files, perform research for various purposes, and perform other assorted functions as they relate to the business needs of the firm.
- An intern may sit with a predetermined staff or senior who will explain how certain job related functions are organized and performed.
- Interns may be placed on an engagement team and may be asked to work or observe work directly at client locations. An individual from our professional staff will be in charge at the client location. The intern will not be assigned client work to be completed at the client location independently.
If you would like to apply, please email your resume to Human Resources Generalist, Lori Graham, at email@example.com
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.